disable right click

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sweetfields Farm-ECS Field Trip-Event Photography

I had never heard of Masaryktown until ECS went on a field trip to Sweetfields Farm. Sweetfields Farm is known for their sunflower maze in spring and a corn maze in the fall. They grow organic fruits and veggies such as cucumber, zucchini, and blackberries. Animals on the farm include goats, chickens, pigs, and a cow. This is a family run farm where everyone is involved.

Our elementary students were divided up by class and each began a different section of the farm. My group started by learning about bees as we looked at a sample hive. So much to learn about bees and how vital they are to farmers.  Next we were off to the sunflower maze. I have to admit I never made it far and took the emergency exit.  The rest of my group continued and were successful in finding the end of the maze. Now we enjoyed our packed lunches at some benches under the shade trees. Water misters were conveniently located nearby. I enjoyed cooling off under the mist. Next stop was a sturdy tree house and swings. Close by were the chickens, goats, and pig enclosures for the animal lovers. Our group then made a craft. We planted sunflower seeds using recycled newspaper as the container.  Lastly, a hay ride pulled by a tractor through the farm.

I purchased some fresh veggies before I left.  Sweetfields Farms was an educational and well organized farm for our field trip.  I hope to go back in the fall to check out the corn maze.









No comments:

Post a Comment